In spite of dan Despite
Setelah in spite of dan despite kita menggunakan noun atau pronoun.
- We enjoyed our picnic in spite of the rain
- Despite the pain in his foot he completed the marathon
- Despite having all the necessary requirements, they didn’t offer her the job.
Yang membedakan antara in spite of dan despite hanya “of”. Despite tidak menggunakan of. Kalimat berikut salah:
- Despite of the bad day, there was many people at the match.
Setelah although kita menggunakan sebuah subjek dan sebuah kata kerja (verb).
- We enjoyed our picnic although it rained all day.
- Although she studied very hard, she didn’t manage to pass the exam.
- The picnic was great although the service wasn’t very nice.
- In spite of the fact that she studied very hard, she didn’t manage to pass the exam.
- Despite the fact that she studied very hard, she didn’t manage to pass the exam.
Even though sama struktur penggunaannya dengan although, hanya saja even though lebih kuat.
- I decided to buy the car even though we didn’t really have enough money
- He keep making that annoying noise even though I’ve asked him to stop twice.